Many of the user experience groups in the area kicked off the "season" with meetings in September. Here is what is in store within a 3+ hour radius of Toledo for October.
- 2: Ann Arbor, The Future Direction of Google Apps
- 7: Ann Arbor, From Indie Games To Big Games
- 10: Columbus, ASIS&T - Alphabet Soup: A Metadata Overview
- 12: Cleveland, STC regional conference
- 16: Ann Arbor, AIGA - Michael Jakab
- 16: Grand Rapids (MI), UPA - Live Web Site Evaluations
- 17: Cleveland, Web Association - Building Better Landing Pages [date changed to avoid the Indians game]
- 17: Lebanon (between Dayton and Cincinnati), STC - When Did Google Become a Verb?
- 18: Columbus, CSCA - Tony Spaeth
- 18: Indianapolis, AIGA - [ shift + option + drink ]
- 18: Toledo, ACM social gathering
- 19: Cincinnati, Developing Online Brand Communities
- 24: Cleveland, UPA - Panel
- 24: Dearborn, IGDA - Education round table [added 10/4]
- 25: Cleveland, AIGA - Cocktails with Creatives
- 26: Portsmouth (east of Cincinnati), Shawnee 5.0 conference
Let me know what else I am missing from this list. Also, MOCHI is gearing up again and a UPA chapter is forming in Columbus.
On November 8th, there will be quite a few regional events for World Usability Day.